So Choose Fresh
This season starting in June the Janesville Farmers market will be accepting SNAP or QUEST cards, every Saturday from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm.
Your benefits will go further:
When you shop at your local farmers market, you benefits from food that’s fresher, and more flavorful.
It’s the best food you can bring home to your family. Not to mention, local market farmers and vendors offer free recipes and preparation tips.
How to use your Quest (EBT) Card at the Farmers Market:
- Go to the table with a sign “Use your Quest (EBT) Card Here”
- There use your Quest (EBT) Card to purchase as many $1 wooden tokens as you’d like. (tokens will act as cash at the market where you purchase them)
- Use your $1 tokens at any market booth that displays a sign stating “Quest Card (EBT) Tokens Accepted Here”
What you can buy with your food share (EBT) tokens:
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Meat, fish, poultry.
- Dairy products.
- Maple and honey products.
- Seeds and plants that produce food.
- Baked goods: wrapped and labeled and intended for home consumption.
- Jams, sauces, soups, etc.
What to do with leftover tokens:
- Unused tokens may be exchanged at the token booth for a refund back to your Quest (EBT) Card.
- You may also keep unused tokens and use them the next time you shop at the farmers market. Tokens do not have an expiration date!
How to shop at the market:
- Arrive at the market when it first opens to get the best selection; take time to walk through and preview the entire market.
- When using cash, farmers appreciate small bills and change.
- Ask farmers questions– they are ready to share recipes as well as cooking and storage tips.
- Bring a cooler and freezer packs to keep any meats and dairy cool while you shop; and bring your own totes to cut down on plastic bag usage.